Several of the cell providers (Sprint? Verizon? others?) have an unsupported loophole where a 3G cell phone provides the same data
connection as the card service, but without any charges at all for a cell phone subscriber.  This was discussed here some time back.
This method would not be suitable as a business solution, however.

What's the best data rate you see with the cards?

Chuck