Nicholas Thompson wrote:
> Hi,
>  I am wondering what it would take to keep a cellular (even is it's
> 19.2) connection open while moving around. Does anyone here have any
> experience with anything like this? Any better solutions I've missed
> since being under a rock or something? :)
>
> thanks
>
> nick

Under the category of better solution would be an actual data card from
one of the cell providers. My company uses Sprint PCS cards extensively,
they work well, even while in a car. Verizon is rolling out EVDO in the
TC market, I tested it out and found it to be pretty cool. I don't know
if it's officially live in the market yet, but they are working on it.

This would of course result in a significant cost downside as it would
require a seperate data service contract and another piece of equipment.

Josh