> Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:48:00 -0500
> From: Nicholas Thompson <nicholas.thompson1 at mchsi.com>

>   Haven't posted in a bit, anyway, to anyone running any
> linux distro on a laptop that fits into these three
> categories, could you post the models and experiencs? used
> ok, as long as one can be obtained currently ebay for the
> same. anyway, whatever i am sleepy sorry for requesting so
> much, just any linux laptop recommendations would be cool.

Nick, I have to recommend a ThinkPad. It's all I'll buy.

Well built, parts priced well and available, and a user community
that cannot be topped. ThinkPad mailing list; Linux-ThinkPad
mailing list; and thinkwiki.org, a whole site dedicated to getting
Linux to run on a ThinkPad.

I just went to eBay and searched for completed auctions.
In the $375 to $425 range, 379 items came up. T2X, A2x, X2x,
G40, even a few 600X (modded).

>From $650 to $750, 186 came up. X3x, T3x, T40, T42, R51, etc.

Any new ThinkPad is going to be a luxury.

Myself? My wife and I both use a 600X (PIII). I got a 560E for
a buck (166 PMMX). Needs a keyboard, that I bought NEW for $8.
I got a 570 (333 PII) for $40, just missing a hard disk. The 560E,
570 and my 600X all have Linux. (The 600X has Windows XP too.)

Chris