Hi tclug amigos,

OK, fyi I have grepped the list archives from 2005 before asking this, in case this is a tired topic.

I picked up a cheapie logitech usb webcam at nano (logitech quickcam communicate, 046d:08f5) and have been unable to get it working with motion under fc2. I have googled until my eyes bled; no luck with qc-usb-messenger-0.8.

Can anyone recommend a readily available, inexpensive (< $40 each, used ok), usb webcam with working drivers for 2.6.x kernel?

I'm trying to build an on-the-cheap security camera system for my home. Ideally with 3 or 4 cameras (yes, I have multiple usb cards).

As always, thanks.

--
Steve Linabery
B94B C3C7 8A27 FF09 3C9D  E992 5A20 2492 D5F5 EE51