On Thursday 25 August 2005 12:17, Chris Schumann wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 16:21:55 -0500
> > From: Dave Carlson <thecubic at thecubic.net>
> >
> >> I've got a LinkSys WPC54G, but haven't tried really hard to get it to
> >> run on FC4. Should I give it another go? Is it that easy?
> >
> > I don't have any experience with the WPC54G, but the WMP54G works with
> > ndiswrapper.    I can send you some rpms if you have trouble building
> > them.
>
> The issue in the past has been that I have to have kernel source, and it's
> been a pain. Maybe with a *little* hand-holding, I can get the WPC54G to
> work. I wouldn't have a problem buying another one then.

by no means fully complete or bulletproof:

0) be root (sudo su -)
1) Make sure kernel devel is installed for your kernel (and the build
utilities)
(run 'rpm -q kernel kernel-devel')
2) download latest ndiswrapper
'curl
http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/ndiswrapper/ndiswrapper-1.3rc1.tar.gz
| tar xzv'
cd ndiswrapper-1.3rc1
make rpm

then (for me with a minipci card):
rpm
-Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/ndiswrapper-1.3rc1-1.i386.rpm /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/kernel-module-ndiswrapper-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4-1.3rc1-1.i386.rpm
ndiswrapper -i (your ini file)
ndiswrapper -l (check for 'driver present, hardware present')
ndiswrapper -m
ndiswrapper -hotplug
(you may want to run 'kudzu' here or just reboot, but don't configure the
device - you just want system-config-network to be aware of it)
then run system-config-network, create a new wireless connection, select the
newly shown card, configure to your liking, enjoy.

-dave