On Wednesday 24 August 2005 15:47, Chris Schumann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got a LinkSys WPC54G, but haven't tried really hard to get it to run
> on FC4. Should I give it another go? Is it that easy?

I don't have any experience with the WPC54G, but the WMP54G works with
ndiswrapper.    I can send you some rpms if you have trouble building them.

> On a related note, I need a new 802.11G adapter anyway. It has to work in
> Linux and Windows. I've been pretty faithful to LinkSys so far, but I'm
> not married to the brand. Opine: Should I stick with what I know, or go
> for something better, easier, etc.?

Do you have an empty MiniPCI slot in your laptop?  When I got a new laptop
(from someone who used an 802.11b 16-bit PC card), I put a MiniPCI wireless
card from a dead linksys router in it, and it has worked like a charm (with
ndiswrapper), both in windows and linux.

> I would like to avoid buying anything made in a country without reasonably
> free and fair elections (like China) if at all possible.

Most boards are manufactured in Taiwan; does that count?