All:

It's time to update various name related things and
I want to ping the list for either positive (or negative)
recommendations for the following:

Registrars
  register.com: I currently use register.com and have been fairly
    happy with the service, although it is quite expensive.
  netsol : I've seen warnings on this list to avoid them
  godaddy.com : seems like a popular choice for this list
  others?

I also need an SSL Certificate.  I don't really need
a Wildcard Certificate, but some of the prices
(godaddy and freessl) are comparable to basic certs.
Has anyone used and had success with Wildcard certs?

One simple 128 bit SSL Certificate for 1-year
  verisign : outrageously priced
  thawte : $199
    https://www.thawte.com/core/process?retail-enrollment.enrollment-type=new-ssl2
    seems to have a very professional and easy to use site
    would help support free personal e-mail certs they offer
  entrust : $149
    http://www.entrust.com/ssl-certificates/web_pricing.htm
  instantssl : $49 ($449 Wildcard)
    http://www.instantssl.com/ssl-certificate-products/ssl.html?currency=USD&region=North%20America&country=US