> rpm-devel-4.4.1-22
> rpm-python-4.3.2-21
> rpm-build-4.3.2-21
> rpm-libs-4.4.1-22
> rpm-4.3.2-21
> rpm-libs-4.3.2-21

Your RPM is kinda broke there. You have two versions of rpm-libs
installed. It did not upgrade to RPM 4.4 successfully.

The upgrade to 4.4 worked fine on two of my machines, but on my own
desktop system, it was a complete and total disaster. I don't know why
it failed on this one machine but worked on the other two. They're
identical. 4.4 would just die, complaining about being unable to get a
lock on the database. Through an incredible amount of hacking and the
fedora emergency boot CD, I eventually managed to get 4.3 and 4.4
installed simultaneously, by getting the librpm4.3 package from ATrpms,
and using rpm2cpio to extract the rpm binary out of FC3 and put it
in /bin/rpm4.3. This allowed me to continue using my system with rpm
4.3, and occasionally try using 4.4.

One day, 4.4 just started working. Its still a complete mystery to me.
RPM upgrades are voodoo.