On 8/13/05, Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> wrote:
> I want to do mostly scientific work plus email on a GNU/Linux server.
> Apparently all the major distros have 64-bit versions available, which
> helps.  Now I'm trying to decide which distro will be best for my uses.

I am not sure about the other distros but Gentoo is primarily geared
toward the Linux desktop market. That is not to say it does not make a
great server (I use one at home for personal uses and it has run for
years with no problem) but for a high availibility production
environment I would probably be hesitant to go that route, probably
favoring, instead, a well vetted distro like SuSE or Redhat/Fedora.

--
Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>
GPG Key ID: 0x112DCF4F