On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 at 11.25.15 -0500, Mike Miller wrote:
> Any tips on this stuff would be greatly appreciated.  Are any of you
> running a 64-bit Linux OS on a multi-processor Opteron machine?

I am running SuSE 9.3 on a few two-way Sun V40z machines.  The machine
and the OS seem fine, although my stuff isn't anywhere near CPU intensive
enough to challenge these machines at all.  (I did not choose this vastly
overpowered hardware.)

The only problems I've had are from stuff I insist on building myself
(like Python add-ons) which gets confused about whether to put its goodies
in lib or lib64 subdirectories.

--
Sidney CAMMERESI
http://www.cheesecake.org/sac/