I am sure this is an easy question for most of you but I have tried
various Google searches and searches in the Cobalt archives and either
it is so simple a question, no one has asked or I am not using the right
combination of search terms.  :p

I have a Cobalt Qube Pro3 running as our dns (and email and webserver)
for the school.  The initial setup was easy because the only server we
needed to point our users to was the Qube and I was able to use the
admin gui (the OS is a modified RedHat 6 or 7 from Sun).  However, now I
need to add several servers to the dns records - mostly web-based
applications for gradebooks and student curriculum.  These services are
running on Win2K server, Win 2003 server (but we don't run a domain
controller), Novell 6.5, and Linux.  When I try to add forward and
reverse records to the primary services in the gui, it insists on using
our domain and accepts the settings when I save.  I thought it was
working but it is just my computer that works - perhaps because I have
accessed several of the servers from My Network Places.  The other
windows and mac machines I have tried the links with cannot find the
server.

Is there something special to how I have to name the servers when I am
configuring them?  Is it possible to make a workgroup for the windows
servers that would be named like our domain name?  Is there some other
file on the Qube I need to edit?  I would really prefer to have the dns
method work because as we grow, some of the servers may change and my
users don't get how to change the ip address in the web address bar of
their browser.

I apologize for the cross-posting but I need to also install security
certificates on some of the servers and I cannot do that until I am sure
I have the servers named appropriately.

Thanks in advance for any pointers, fixes or well-wishes.  ;)
(And I understand if I draw a few flames/RTM responses).

Dana S. Millaway
District Technology Coordinator
Holdingford Public Schools
900 5th Street, P.O. Box 250