> From: Josh Welch <josh at joshwelch.com>

> Is it necessary to run Comcast's craptacular software in order to
> connect to their cable network? Is there something magical you need to
> do in order to get on their network without that software? I have no
> experience with Comcast directly, but I have not heard good things aout
> that software they want you to install.

I use Comcast broadband, and have not installed any of their software. I
have a LinkSys cable modem, then a LinkSys router, and behind that is a
public server (Linux) and another router. Behind that is my private
network with Linux and Windows machines, and it works perfectly. (A little
annoying to set up BitTorrent, but big wup.)

Chris