Jack Ungerleider wrote:
> FWIW I've got plenty of experience with Zope 2 and Plone. I've got some
> experience with Mambo (a PHP based CMS which appears to power the
> opensourcecms.com site).  But in order to give useful information I need a
> little more of an idea as to why Blackboard or something similar is
> interesting.

our director wants to, say, post a spreadsheet for our international
governance council to review, post comments about, and easily make
changes in.  i installed civicspace and showed it to him, he was
confused by the concept of uploading and downloading files, his reaction
was that our international governance council members will find this
harder to understand than he, which is a fair point.  i gather what he's
heard about blackboard leads him to believe it implements an environment
that is easier to understand and use.  i'm dubious about that, but in
truth i haven't had blackboard in front of me so far so i can't really say.

-greg

Greg Whitley Mott
IT Coordinator
NonviolentPeaceforce.org