On Fri, 22 Apr 2005, Brian Wall wrote:

> Replies are fine.  When you send an e-mail to start a new thread, it
> won't show up in your inbox until someone replies.  Once you receive a
> reply to your original message, both will show up.
>
> I've just learned to deal with it, but it's definitely a feature request
> for Gmail.

I think you are right.  Gmail should be able to index the same message in
two different ways.  They are trying to save space by preserving only one
copy of the message (in the "sent mail" box), but they could make it so
that the same message appears in both places without having to use up more
disk space.

Mike