> Sam MacDonald wrote:
>> I think you have to switch to a business class service with Comcast to
>> get a static IP address that is really static.
>> What they might do if it isn't business class is a MAC reservation
>> within the DHCP scope for an address, this would cause your mail to get
>> bounced as a dynamic address. The address would still be in the scope
>> that is dynamic.
>> They use the MAC address on your router and tell the scope the address
>> associated with this MAC can't be given to any other MAC address.
>>
>> Many businesses use reservations within a DHCP scope to keep from having
>> static addresses on all their servers, it's easier to manage.

hmm, interesting.

nvpf.org has a static ip with cpinternet.com.  postfix delivers
delightedly to almost everywhere.  i registered onto the AwOL bulk mail
whitelist, they accepted small amounts of mail anyway but larger amounts
needed registration with their whitelist.

for verizon, i have the following transport map entries:
verizon.net     smtp:mail.cpinternet.com
.verizon.net    smtp:mail.cpinternet.com

i didn't need to do anything special for verizon until just a couple
weeks ago.  when i noticed verizon stuff bouncing, that's how i fixed
it.  i considered complaining to verizon, but took the path of least
resistence instead.  i presumed at the time that perhaps verizon has
started enforcing SPF or something, but haven't looked into it.

but sam, might verizon be bouncing me because cpinternet is doing as you
say?  or, since our mail goes directly to everywhere else, does it not
really apply to us?