Chris Schumann wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>I set up a Linux server at home, bought a domain name and have e-mail
>running on it pretty well. Sendmail and Cyrus-IMAP.
>
>However, I just sent something to someone on Lycos, and it was rejected
>because SORBS lists my IP address as being dynamic... which is correct.
>
>So now what? Is it the "right" thing to send my e-mail through my ISP
>(Comcast)? Do I *need* to masquerade when I do? Should I get a static IP?
>
>What do you folks do?
>
>Chris

The best thing to do is to get a static IP address for your mail server
and make sure you have reverse lookups setup at your provider.  Since
you use Comcast, this is not really an option, so the next best thing
for you might be to use Comcast as a smart host (relay).

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: 07C7 BF05 4176 F50B A083  4542 0118 1315 761F D300