On Sunday 17 April 2005 02:28 pm, Josh Paetzel wrote:
> Chris Schumann wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I set up a Linux server at home, bought a domain name and have e-mail
> > running on it pretty well. Sendmail and Cyrus-IMAP.
> >
> > However, I just sent something to someone on Lycos, and it was rejected
> > because SORBS lists my IP address as being dynamic... which is correct.
> >
> > So now what? Is it the "right" thing to send my e-mail through my ISP
> > (Comcast)? Do I *need* to masquerade when I do? Should I get a static IP?
> >
> > What do you folks do?
> >
> > Chris
>
> Yes, use your comcast's mail server as a 'smarthost'

That would be the easiest way to resolve the problem. Getting your own static
IP address would not be a bad idea probably so email sending to you would
likely be more consistant since your IP would always be the same. I assume
you are using some sort of dynamic dns service like dyndns.com or one of the
others to host your domain?