On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Chuck Cole wrote:
*snip: meetup.com*
> TCLUG Beer Meetings are appealing.  Have tried to attend those, but I
> have had conflicts getting there (arrived too late for several) and
> would not consider downtown Minneapolis as a venue except in a few
> cases like Black Forest Inn that actually have free parking.

 Strictly speaking, Black Forest is in south Minneapolis, not downtown.
Another good one (IMO, at least) was Grumpy's, despite the rather limited
free parking; I'm not sure how others feel about it.

> Sorry to see Jima's reign end.

 Actually, it was never my reign -- I shared responsibilities with Lorry
and Munir.  As I recall, Lorry generally made reservations, Munir changed
the web page, and I sent out the email announcements.  It seemed like a
pretty good way to keep the workload minimal.
 Before we took over the post, Jacque did a fine job as Beer Meeting
Coordinator; she "passed the torch" due to time constraints.

     Jima