I am looking for opinions on re-thinking my backup setup. Currently I backup my Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems to a disk on a Windows 2000 box, then I do occasional backups to my DLT drives. I am looking for opinions on the best way to get all of these system backups automated. I use Windows Backup for the Windows systems and Tar for the Unix systems, I would prefer to be able to backup these systems directly to tape, but I would be willing to still backup to disk then to tape.

I have looked at Amanda, Bacula, and a number of commercial solutions.

Thanks,
Jim Masters