Hi again,

I've been googling all over the place looking for information pertaining
to licensing/copyrighting and I have not gotten very far.  I've found some
information on the US copyright home page and a few things here and there
on various developer sites, but nothing great.

I'm building a web based application for a high school and I'm not really
sure what my rights are as the developer.  I don't have a lot of money to
spend on lawyer fees, but I would do so if it's necessary.

Does the fact that the purchaser of the software is a public institution
using public money change how I can license the software?

If I accept money for the software before I have it copyrighted/licensed
does that change my rights to copyright/license the software?

A person besides myself is the person determining the layout and usability
of the software, but has no part in the design or programming of the
software.  Does this person have any rights to the software?

If it helps, I'm building all the software at my own office and on my own
computers.  Nothing is being developed on public property.  Also, I've
been subcontracted to work on the project and I don't have to deal
directly at the school at this point.

Any help or recommendations on where to get legal advice would be very
appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric