I've been seaching without much success for a program that will tune
my USB radio tuner (D-Link DSP R100
http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DSB%2DR100) from
the command line.

If anyone knows of such a best, please let me know. :)

Since I just can't get a decent radio signal at work, my thought is I
can do somehting TiVoish with this device. Just cook up a cron job to
tune the radio to the right frequency, then mp3 or ogg encode from the
Line-In Audio jack, then I can drop the result on to my MuVo, or my
Treo 600, or just listen on the coputer. (The USB connection is only
used to tune the radio, the audio comes into the PC's soundcard via
the line-in or microphone.)

The questions I have are...it's not immediatly obvious to me how to
use lame or oggenc to encode directly from the line in...if it's even
possible? Does the entire thing need to be dropped into wav first?

Also, anyone have any thoughts as what a good bitrate for FM radio
encoding would be? Mostly I'm going for talk shows, so quality isn't a
huge issue.

Thanks.

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it