dan wrote:

>would someone tell me just what a Knoppix CD is and where to get it and just what does it do?

What is a Knoppix CD?

KNOPPIX is a bootable CD with a collection of GNU/Linux
<http://www.knopper.net/linux/> software, automatic hardware detection,
and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices
and other peripherals.

More info @ http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-info/index-en.html

Where to get it?

You can get it at any of these mirrors
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html

Or use bittorrent @ http://torrent.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/

What does it do?

KNOPPIX can be used as a Linux demo, educational CD, rescue system, or
adapted and used as a platform for commercial software product demos. It
is not necessary to install anything on a hard disk. Due to on-the-fly
decompression, the CD can have up to 2 GB of executable software
installed on it.