New TCLUG Classified Ad

Category: Computer

Type of Ad: For Sale

Subject: HP4000M Switches

I have 5 HP Procurve 4000M switches that have recently been replaced.  The only reason that I have brought them out of production is that I needed switches that provided Power over Ethernet for our new Cisco phone system.

Overview
- High-speed⁄media- flexible uplinks including Gigabit-SX, LX, and 1000Base-T
- Quality of Service through Class of Service (CoS) prioritization features
- Optional redundant power supply
- High performance Gigabit stacking

Features
- Stacking capability: single IP address management for a virtual stack of up to 16 switches including the 1600m, 2400m, 2424m, 2512, 2524, 4000m, and 8000m
- RMON and extended RMON: provide advanced monitoring capabilities
- Port monitoring: allows you to monitor traffic using a switched port so you can view several ports at one time with a network analyzer
- Web interface: allows you to configure the switch from any Web browser on the network
- Protocol filtering: provides traffic control
- VLAN support and tagging: supports up to 30 port-based VLANs and dynamic configuration of 802.1Q VLAN tagging providing security between workgroups
- Class of Service (CoS) tagging: sets 802.1p priority field using policy-based management
- IP multicast (IGMP): prevents flooding of IP multicast traffic
- Port security: prevents unauthorized access using MAC address lockdown
- Switch meshing: delivers high availability with high performance
- Hot swappable modules: allow you to add or swap modules without interrupting the network
- Optional redundant power supply: provides uninterrupted power
- Spanning Tree Protocol: provides redundant links while preventing network loops
- Port trunking: for higher switch-to-switch and switch-to-server throughput and link-level redundancy
- Cisco Fast EtherChannel®: provides higher throughput to other devices that support FEC
- Automatic Broadcast Control (ABC): minimizes IP and IPX broadcast traffic throughout the network
- TACACS+: eases administration of switch management security by using a password authentication server
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP): enables real-time mapping of end nodes to switch ports

Ports
- 40 or 48 RJ-45 10⁄100Base-TX ports (IEEE 802.3 Type 10Base-T; 802.3u Type 100Base-TX)
- 1 Gig Copper module (RJ45 100/1000 Base-TX)
- 3 or 4 open module slots
- one RS-232C DB-9 console port

Performance
- Latency: <10 µs (LIFO)
- Throughput: 4.67 million pps (64-byte packets)
- Backplane speed: 3.8 Gbps
- Address table size: 10,000 entries

3 switches have 48 copper ethernet ports
2 switches have 40 copper ethernet ports

$500 each.

Questions please contact me off the list.  Jimstreit at nortlans.com or 952-897-7791

Seller Email address: jimstreit at northlans dot com

http://www.mn-linux.org/cgi-bin/classifieds/index.cgi