On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 02:50:02PM -0500, Jon Schewe wrote:
> I've got two drives and I want to consolidate to one.  The problem is
> the one I want to get rid of has my swap partition and therefore I
> need to repartition the second one to have a swap partition and a data
> partition.  What has others experience been with using parted (or
> other free tools) to do this?

Call me overcautious, but partition editing of any type gives me the
willies.

When I need to mess with partitions on a machine with important data, I
bite the bullet and buy a shiny new hard drive.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota