On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 08:53:21 -0500, Andrew Zbikowski <andyzib at gmail.com> wrote:

> I recently transferred Win XP (Pro) from my now dedicated Linux
> machine to my Girlfriends computer.WinXP activated over the internet
> no problem...I didn't even have to call Microsoft. YYMV of course, but
> Microsoft activation isn't as bad as some people would have you
> belive.

It works, but it does break the licence agreement assuming that is a
OEM version of XP Pro. It shouldn't, IMO, because you have uninstalled
it from you Linux machine, but it does break the OEM licence
agreement. They have no way of knowing if it the same box with
hardware updates or a completely different machine. That will count as
one of your 3 hardware changes.

--
Tom Penney