On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Garrett Krueger wrote:

> When you think of: Dell  you instantly think computers.
> When you think of: HP    you instantly think printers... and then, well,
> yeah, they do make other stuff too.

I guess HP has show fairly good flexibility over the years.  Some of you
will remember when "Hewlett Packard" made you think immediately of
hand-held calculators.  Before that, I think it was mainframes and
so-called mini-computers.  Now, as Garrett suggested, it's printers, but
HP has a lot more going on than that.  People might not think "printer ink
cartridges" but I would not be surprised if HP makes more total on the
ink-jet cartridges than on the ink-jet printers!

Mike