Mike Nixon wrote:
> At previous installfests I've gotten grub installed to dual boot with
> Windows and RedHat 7.1 and later RH8.0, but I haven't done much in my
> linux partition lately (IIRC I can't login because I lost the password
> or I made too many hardware changes), occasionally I use Knoppix
>
> I want to convert to Debian, should I:
> download something (like a mini-ISO off debian.org) and start an
> install tonight (I have a few hours)
> or wait and bring my PC tomorrow to the installfest?
> or can I use Knoppix to start an install?

I will have the 7 debian stable cd's tomorrow at the installfest.  You
generally only need one to get going.  The mini-iso is a good option
too.  If you have broadband, might want to grab and burn that one
tonight.  Alternatively, you can even install from a several floppies if
you have broadband to install the rest.
--
scot