Way to much brain power for a Friday, I think a beer is in order after reading
all of the great posts today. Obviously I wasn't posting :oD

I spent the better part of last Sunday de-bugging an XP Home PC as a favor. The
guy wants to change the way he uses his computer. He has 5 - 6000 pictures on
this XP Home machine so he wants a laptop for eMail and web surfing. John said
"Gates stuff gets to many guy's wanting to break it, I'm not a computer expert,
I don't want to figure out how to fix it."
In return for fixing his computer John is going to help the Cub Scouts build
Pine Wood Derby (PWD) cars, John is a great wood worker.

He asked about a MAC (John and his Wife are their 70's) and wondered if I ever
got any MAC's to sell "Very Rare". He was interested in Linux but thought it
may be to hard to use. I showed him a Debian distro with KDE, he couldn't tell
the difference between KDE and M$ Windows. He understands installing M$ Windows
applications would not work without more work then he is willing to do.

Anyone ever think about approaching the senior community about secure computing
with Linux? I'm a little shy of selling someone a Laptop with Linux on it. I'm
not up to doing support of anything right now, I'm to busy. Supporting the
elder community on Linux would be a challenge

Other related Topic...
I was wondering if anyone would be interested developing software to time the
PWD cars using standard PWD timing devices. The timer has a serial output for
collecting data. Having OSS to time PWD cars would be very cool.

Let me know if you’re interested in the PWD project, I have the timer and track
so it may be a real fun project.  A beer meeting with a PWD car race, that
might be way to much fun :-D

Sam.