Here is a message from MLUG (Missouri) two months ago:

http://mlug.missouri.edu/list-archives/discussion/2004-08/msg00138.php3

Jon King is really a smart guy - professor with degrees from Yale and CMU
- and I have a high regard for his nonexpert opinions.  So of course this
gives me another reason to be concerned about continuing to invest in HP
products such as VMS.

They have recovered partially from their devastating August nose dive...

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=HPQ&t=3m

...but the future of any corporation is uncertain.  This adds much to the
appeal of open-source software.

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.