On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 09:15:13 -0500, Patrick Hawkins <phawk42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> was wondering if anyone who has run Gentoo for a while might mention some
> pros and cons of running it as compared to, say, Debian.

I have had great luck with Gentoo. I haven't found anything I dont't
like about it yet. I haven't used Debian much, but as far as I know,
it's real "similar" to Redhat. With Gentoo you can optimize your
system very easily. The community is great. The docs are great. There
are versions of packages you can download, so you can use a stable
version, and older version, or a bleeding edge version. I found myself
compiling everything by hand until I used Gentoo. It's just great!

-Josh