Hi,

I'm switching from business class Road Runner with 5 static IP
addresses to the Residential service with a single IP address.  My
current configuration is:

[Internet] <-> [Cable Modem] <-> [Debian Firewall] <-> [Internal Net]

eth0 on the Debian box is configured with the 5 static IP addys I've
been given.  It firewalls and then routes to eth1 which has address
192.168.0.1.  I have an eth2 interface but am not using it.  (Maybe a
DMZ someday...)

What I'm wondering is how do I configure eth0 if I replace the Cable
Modem and the IP address is dynamic?  The cable modem is pretty
generic, I'm not sure if it has any interface I can log into to
configure (not that I'd know what to do anyway).  I'm using DynDNS
(the best) for dynamic DNS services and they have a client program
(ddclient) which I expect to run on the Debian box to tell DynDNS when
my IP address changes, not sure how that well that will work though if
the IP changes and suddenly eth0 has the wrong IP address?

I also thought about throwing my RT314 (which no one bought from my
Classified ad for shame) between the Cable Modem and the Firewall and
have it NAT everything to say 192.168.1.1 and set that as the address
for eth0.  The RT314 has built in DynDNS support, but if I don't need
to put in another connection point that'd be preferable.  And if I do
NAT there, does that hose up my firewall rules?  Sorry for babbling.
I've reached the stage of networking where I'm more dangerous than
knowledgable.  :)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Josh