Of course, I should have thought to mention expectk a long time
ago...  Expect wraps a regexp parser and event manager around a
command-line program (or limited curses-type program), allowing you to
manage the stdin/stdout and command-line arguments.  Then expectk adds
tk to make it possible to build a GUI around it.

Tradeoffs:  if you are ONLY managing command-line arguments, expect
may be more than you need to provide a GUI.  Expect is really most
useful when you have a limited dialog (e.g., password prompting) as
well as a command-line program, or when you have more than a simple
one-liner of output, and you want to rearrange the output for easier
visualization.

Not sure how it would fare in a trade-off with the GGUI tool.

A word of caution --- I've seen a zillion of these programs that try
to provide a GUI to command-line program, and end up with something
that's only useful for people already know how the command-line
program, and its arguments, work.  WinCVS, at least in the old days,
was a good example of this.  If you knew how all the zillions of CVS
args worked, how a repository was structured, etc., then you could
understand it.  Otherwise, it didn't help enough....

Good luck!
Robert