I believe MCI/Sprint has colo facilities in the old Federal reserve
building.  Connected to 3 different power grids, and massive fiber
coming in from all angles.  You should be able to choose whomever you
like for connectivity too, just because it's run by MCI doesn't mean
you have to use their bandwidth.  I think others have some facilities
there also.

FYI, I've found that Time Warner Telecom is obscenely cheap for DS3's
and larger.

If you're looking for a good place outside of MPLS, ATT has an
excellent facility near Times Square.  It's an 18 story building which
used to house all of their long distance equipment during the cold war.
  No windows, huge white building.  Walls are 3 feet thick of reinforced
concrete, enough generator power to run the place for 3 - 6 months off
the grid, and sleeping facilities and food supplies for something like
1000 people for 4 months.  The front doors are glass, but they are 1
foot thick and leaded to keep radiation out.  They have another near
chicago which is a building inside of a building, and supposed to be
pretty good.  I haven't been to that one though.

~jay