Mike Miller wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Josh Welch wrote:
>> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/11/21/1632209&tid=100&tid=1
>
> Thanks.  The interested people were me, Tom Marble and Andrew Zbikowski,
> and maybe others.
>
> This is bad news.  Apparently, the new method of memory allocation in
> the Treo 650 requires that a minimum of 512 bytes be used for every
> record in a database.

I've read several of the followup links...  Yes it's silly that palmOne
didn't add more memory.  But I suspect that if one adds an additional
SD card the problem can be mitigated.

This support answer *suggests* that newer applications can
run from an expansion card:
http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=786,E=0000000000094319069,K=8683,Sxi=17,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=8303

Given that many of these apps are new and or up-rev'd for the Treo 650
I would bet that many of them could run on the expansion card.
I'm supposed to receive my Treo 650 tomorrow... I'll let you know
if it's 'usable'.

Regards,

--Tom