Interested!

>>> Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com> 11/18/04 11:06AM >>>
Is this topic of interest to anyone else, otherwise I'll take if off
list?

On Tuesday 16 November 2004 11:54 am, Scot Jenkins wrote:
> Bob Tanner wrote:
> > The first question, is spam faxing just illegal or are there some
loop
> > holes for things?
>
> Shouldn't those be easier to track down then email spam?

Should :-)

> Doesn't your
> fax machine/software print the number the message came from on the fax?

Yes,  TSI crap can be forged and with the caller-id forge things now, it's

pointless. The last bunch of junk faxes we got all had the info forged or

faudulant.

> I had received some spam fax at a business once but it at least had a
> number one could call to "make it stop".  I called, and  surprisingly
> they stopped.  YMMV.

We are seeing the old spammer trick with junk faxes. You call to get off
the
list, only to confirm the fax number is legit, and be put on a different
junk
fax list.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at mn-linux.org>          | Phone : (952)943-8700