This is a copy of what I sent to Patrick this morning.  Per his
instructions I put [HELP] in the subject line to grab attention.

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:54:19 -0600 (CST)
From: Adam Maloney <adam at whee.org>
To: volkerdi at slackware.com
Subject: [HELP] - From TCLUG

Patrick,

The Twin Cities Linux Users Group has been discussing your situation, and
bouncing around ideas on how we can help.  There are many TCLUGers that are
very interested in doing anything they can for you.  As a Moorhead boy, we felt
particularly inclined to offer assistance.

We have discussed many different ideas on how to help, but in the end, it boils
down to what you want.  There have been talks of a fundraiser for your medical
and other expenses, helping you get care at the U of M or another hospital in
the area, and transportation from and to Fargo.

We are asking you to please let us know what we can do for you.  With such
strong support from TCLUG members, I have no doubt that we can make anything
happen.  You can contact me via e-mail or phone (below).

Best Regards,

Adam Maloney
TCLUG Member
[CENSORED] (work)