Quoting Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>:

> The first question, is spam faxing just illegal or are there some loop holes
> for things?

As I understand it, the law is quite explicit about junk faxing, far more than
with junk email. It is not allowed, period. The legislation is the telephone
consumer protection act, TCPA (not afffiliated with Microsoft ;), and I've had
good luck using it as a club along with irrational arm waving and lawsuit
threats for when they _just_ _will_ _not_ _stop_. One of the provisions of the
TCPA, IIRC, was a $1000.00 civil penalty per fax, meaning that the junk fax
receiver would get the loot.

TCPA related links:
http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/unwantedfaxes.html
http://www.junkfax.org

> The second question, any have a strategy for blocking spam faxes under
> hylafax?

Hmm, sort of a RBL for faxing? I've not seen such a beastie.

Josh