On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 11:56:22AM -0600, Patrick Hawkins wrote:
[snip]
> When this happened it also broke eth0. It appears to boot up
> correctly, ifconfig eth0 appears more normal than usual, but upon
> opening a browser or pinging any site absolutely nothing happens. Not
> a thing.

Just a stab in the dark here, but could this be due to over-strict
firewalling rules having been put into place?  I've seen that happen
before, although not with Gentoo.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota