Digital Alpha Server 1000a 5/333
Configuration:
1 - 333MHz 64bit Alpha processor "NORITAKE"
128mb RAM
5 PCI, 3 EISA slots
Qlogic SCSI controller
    hard disk 0
    hard disk 1
    cdrom 2
    hard disk 3
    hard disk 4
    hard disk 5
    5 - 9 gig Seagate hard disks
(Linux sees the hard disks as SDA, SDB, SDC, SDD, SDE)

I've never even touched an Alpha processor machine before so my first
install was
really crude.
I learned enough about this machine to boot to CD-ROM using the SRM console
    >>>boot dka2 -flags 0
install Debian, restart, boot from floppy
    >>>boot dev0 -flags 0

I did a "seat of the pants" install of Debian on it just to see if I
could get it to run.
It works but it's not a final installation. I'll need to get it
configured correctly so I
can use the machine the right way.

When I installed I had to create a BSD bootable something and used SDA.
I'm not sure what I did to get Linux on SDB but thats where it ended up.
    (My fdisk skills need to be better so I get it all working as it
should.)
I put the Swap on SDE just because it was easy to remember where it was.

Disk Configuration:
I'd really rather have all 5 disks in a Raid 5 configuration, I have a
RAID card
but I haven't looked to see if it will work in the Alpha box.  It's a
Compaq 2P
RAID controller.  I have one in my Proliant 2500 but that's a Compaq box
running
W2K.
Anyone have an idea as to a RAID controller that will work in this Alpha
box?

Sam.