Yes, I mean an xterm (konsole). I guess conventional was what I meant...
that's why I had "right" way in "'s.

I think windows is probably the same way, it's just all gui based so you
don't really give you much of a choice of doing things another way. You can
do all sort of weird shell (dos, whatever) things in windows too.

-Josh