You are once again reading and interpreting as you want it to be, rather
than what I really said.

I care very much about my users' privacy.  I require a warrant or
subpoena, signed by a judge, to give out information, and would check
out the validity of the law enforcement that shows up to carry it out.
I would not give out information to the RIAA based on an invokation of
the DMCA.  I would require law enforcement to present me with a warrant
or subpoena issued by a judge.  I do not recognize an RIAA-issued
subpoena as valid, since it doesn't meet either criteria.  If the RIAA
raises a stink about this, then they will need to speak with our
lawyers.  This is precisely what Verizon did.

The point I was actually making was that, with proper documentation
(outlined above, DMCA aside, as in my original context before it was
mutilated), the alternative is to be arrested and have the feds forcibly
remove my equipment and take it to a lab to get what they want.  I have
to serve all of my customers, not just the l33t h4x0rs and music
pirates.