If she is happy enough with the Pentium level computer, Minnesota Computers
for Schools  gives those away based on the number of students who qualify
for free or reduced lunch and on the student to computer ratio at the
school.  PII's and up cost a nominal amount.  They also were talking about a
program where the school can transfer ownership somehow to needy families.
They have various types of peripherals at varying costs.

We have purchased some and accepted some of the free ones.  I have not been
overly impressed with the free ones but the others were PIII's and have
mostly been ok.

Dana S. Millaway
District Technology Coordinator
Holdingford Public Schools