> no he`d just need to enter the zone to enter those hosts into. the name
> is supplied by  windows it is its hostname, though making the windows
> hostnames confirm to some policy it a whole diffrent matter :)

All of the Windows host names are set manually when we deploy them.  I
will be using DHCP to deploy my new DNS settings, so if I force a
particular segment to be in a domin of segment1.lxy.mydomain.com, and the
Windows box has a name of Bob, will it automagically enter
Bob.segment1.lxy.mydomain.com into the DNS server?

Thanks Munir, Page 231 of the O'Reilly Grasshopper book briefly explains
auto-update and auto-update-forward, at least enough that I now know what
I'm looking for.

I'm scratching the surface of a major DNS implementation, so I may need
more assistance down the line.  Thanks a lot!

-Brian