> From: James Kaufman <jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us>
> You won't spend time to fix the problem.
> You won't report the problem to the Fedora team.
> But we're supposed to But (sic) your video projector?
>
> Try Windows.

Somebody needs a hug.

I wrote that I won't spend more than a few hours on it.
Any more than that and I'll go back to Core 1.

I suppose I was a little cranky when I said I wouldn't sign
up to use bugzilla. Maybe I needed a hug.

> From: Steve Hanson <shanson at cruiskeen.com>

> Not much to go on here - What error messages?  When you say
> you upgraded, does that mean you installed off of CD and did
> an upgrade, or did it with Yum or ap-get or????

Booting is fine until it gets to starting runlevel 5, so dmesg
is of no help. I think it had something to do with detecting a
"new" keyboard, unicode and i18n. Anyway, here's the first bit.

Lots and lots of segmentation faults starting with this:
/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:    45 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:    54 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:    63 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:    72 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:    81 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:    90 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

/etc/X11/prefdm: line 39:    92 Segmentation fault      which $preferred
>/dev/null 2>&1
/etc/X11/prefdm: line 9:    96 Segmentation fault      /usr/bin/rhgb-client
-qut
/etc/X11/prefdm: line 80:   100 Segmentation fault      unicode_start
$SYSFONT SYSFONTACM

And that goes on for a while, never going graphical.

Then it tells me this:
INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

> If you want to file a bug report you'll have to do it with
> Bugzilla - but they'll need a lot more detail than this.
> Setting up a bugzilla account is a lot less painful than
> signing up for the mailing lists, which would be the only
> other way to get the info to anyone - Plus  what the
> developers would probably tell you on the list is to file a
> bugzilla.

Yay. Another registration. I suppose it's worthwhile if
someone else doesn't have to go through this.

Thanks for the useful reply, Steve.