> This is really dumb - there should be an easy way to edit the
> dependency info of an rpm.

No there shouldn't, there's no reason to make it easy to have completely
hacked and broken packages floating around the net. The 'correct' thing
to do would be to rebuild it to your needs hah hah hah. Alternately,
you'd be much better off with a null package than messing around with
hex editors. Here's mine:

BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-%{release}-buildroot
Provides: kernel = 2.6.99, kernel-drm, alsa-driver, atrpms,
libGL.so.1(LIBGL), libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1,
libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1(XVMCNVIDIA)

%description

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)

Just save that to blargh.spec, edit the Provides to supply whatever you
need, build it with "rpmbuild -ba blargh.spec" and install. I use mine
to eliminate having to have a kernel package installed, I install my
kernel by hand. As well as some stuff to get the atrpms mythtv packages
installed without having to sell my soul to Axel Thimm.