On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 18:09, Sam MacDonald wrote:
> I installed Fedora Core yesterday on my Compaq E500.
> 	Very nice install by the way...
>
> The only obstacle I've run in to is changing the icon for
> the Trash on the desktop. I want to change it from what
> comes with Fedora to more Traditional Trash can, that I
> know and love.

You can't change the trash can icon in the same way you can change other
icons because of the way the icon changes when it's empty and full. The
only clean way I know to change it is to change the icon theme. Click
the Main Menu (the red hat) > preferences > theme then details then
click the icon tab and pick a different theme, Which changes a lot of
your icons.

The other way I know, which is a hack, is to figure out where the trash
icons are located and copy other icon files to the same names.
Mine are here (this is redhat 9 but I think fedora it's the same or
close) :
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48x48/filesystems/trashcan_empty.png
/usr/share/icons/Bluecurve/48x48/filesystems/trashcan_full.png

Bluecurve is a theme, 48x48 is the size.

If you can't find your icons you could run this as root to give you some
ideas on where to look:
find / -name trashcan_empty*

hope this helps,

- Tom