> I generally buy memory from Crucial (which sells true Micron memory);
> haven't ever had TAC bother me about it - of course, they have never
> asked.  :)

I think they really only care if it's stuff like "my router is crashing
mysteriously", (which is usually a memory leak in PPP), and they will
always attribute it to RAM first.  I've never been asked, but all of my
TAC cases have always been obvious software issues (could it be this
custom 12.2-T image, that's still warm from compiling?  Nah...)

> > $1000 for 128MB of cisco memory is not unheard of.  And 128MB is getting
> > iffy for a full routing table today (I have 256MB in each box in the
> > core).
>
> Yeah, that's about what it cost for a 128mb module 3-4 years back. Eesh.

Still looks to be the price now - 2nd result on google listed a 128MB
Cisco Approved for 7206 at $999  I fortunately haven't had to buy 7200
memory in a couple of years.  It hurts to think about.