Let me clarify - "cisco certified" memory a.k.a., SmartNet Approved

I have heard numerous times on other lists that your TAC contract is
worthless if you have any non-cisco certified memory in your gear.
That's the quickest way for them to get you off the phone and close the
case.

IIRC, Compaq (not that I own any of that) does the same thing.  Compaq
Certified RAM is extremely expensive, and they don't have to support you
if you aren't putting blessed compaq memory in.

$1000 for 128MB of cisco memory is not unheard of.  And 128MB is getting
iffy for a full routing table today (I have 256MB in each box in the
core).

In fact, just for "shock and awe" value, I found this "deal" on-line:

512MB (2-256MB Modules) For NPE-G1 In 7200 Cisco Approved - $3600

Nate - you probably remember the fiasco with getting the rackmount kits
for the 2500's and AS5300's a number of years ago?  $50 (or was it
$150?) plus shipping for 2 metal brackets and 4 screws...