    Chuck> Offhand, I'd say that what you want is quite easy to do and could link Linux and Windows PCs via the PDAs as well.  Avoiding
    Chuck> categories makes things MUCH simpler every way and every day.

    Chuck> I just have "hotsync" set to recognize different PDAs, and multiple PCs (and multiple OS's) was just a matter of setup options..
    Chuck> that I no longer use for multiple PCs with separate calendars on same PDAs.  I used that setup about a year with daily or more
    Chuck> syncs, and still use most of that same setup.  I remember most and have some notes, however.

    Chuck> Since the calendars are to be the same on both PCs, your
    Chuck> setup should only require recognizing two PDAs to sync on
    Chuck> each computer.  This is *very* easy using Chapura's
    Chuck> PocketMirror under multiple flavors of Windoze and
    Chuck> OuchLook, and may be easy in other conduit managers.

Actually, this isn't what I was saying.  What I was saying was that
some SUBSET of the calendars should be shared.

Also, having me synch my Palm on my wife's computer and her synch onto
mine will be burdensome.

I appreciate your taking the time to think about this in this way that
works through the Palms rather than through a conduit between two
calendaring (and contacts) programs, but it still seems backwards to
me.  Especially since the map from desktop -> palm is lossy.

I would have thought that there would be a simple third point (call it
micro-Exchange) that would bring them together.

Evolution *claims* shared calendaring, but AFAICT that just means
Exchange (or some other non-free, business oriented behemoth).

KDEPIM seems to plan to have an egroupware conduit....

Anyone know more than that?

cheers,