Sounds like I wasn't clear enough.  I was thinking of something like
this:

1.  Two or more users with linux desktop PIMs, possibly Evolution or
    KDEPIM.

2.  A single shared calendar, possibly up on a web site (preferably
    one that I can host, but something like Yahoo! Calendar would be
    acceptable), that is able to synch with the desktop PIMs.  The
    stuff here would be a shared subset of the stuff that's held in
    the personal PIMs in #1.

3.  As a constraint on the choice of PIM for #1, it should be a PIM
    that's able to synchronize with a pilot.

I would have thought that KDEPIM or Evolution would do the job with
some unknown piece in #2, but this seems harder than I thought....

cheers,